The Quirk’s Marketing Research Review article, “Accelerating Recovery – Using Research to Manage a Brand Crisis,” offers strategies for using research as a major part of any effort to repair a brand’s reputation.
Generally, the product positioning process involves:
- Defining the market in which the product or brand will compete.
- Identifying the attributes that define the product 'space'.
- Collecting customer information about their product perceptions on relevant attributes.
- Determining each product's share of mind.
- Determining each product's current location in the product space.
- Determining the target market's preferred combination of attributes.
Strategic Communication can mean either communicating a concept, a process, or data that satisfies a long term strategic goal of an organization by allowing facilitation of advanced planning, or communicating over long distances - usually using international telecommunications or dedicated global network assets to coordinate actions and activities of operationally significant commercial, non-commercial and military business or combat and logistic subunits.
Multivariate Solutions is a leader in Brand Positioning and Strategic Communications research, with products that address the key issues of brand positioning and broadcast our clients’ key message combining intuitions, statistics, experience, and savvy.